With the start of each new year, we are quick to create goals for self improvement. But what about goals if you are in a relationship or building towards a relationship? Recently I spoke to my fiancé about setting weekly goals. Tasks that we want to accomplish for ourselves in the upcoming week. Then I thought of the importance of doing the same as a couple.
We went to a local restaurant and brainstormed on not only things we wanted to accomplish that week, but also things for the upcoming few months. It was great to bounce ideas off of each other. But there is also something to be said about setting clear goals within your relationship. So here are few questions to sit and discuss with your partner broken down to one week, three months and six month goals.
And if you do try this with your partner, please tell me how it helped.
Happy Goal Setting!
One Week Goals:
- What is something that you have been putting off that I can help you with?
- What is something new we can try this week?
- What did you learn this week that helped you either personally or professionally?
- When did I make you feel most loved?
Three Month Goals:
- What has made you the most proud?
- What do you need more of from me?
- How can I motivate you?
- How is our intimacy and what would you change?
Six Month Goals:
- What are you afraid to tell me?
- What does the next six month look like for us?
- How much closer to your own dreams do you feel and how can I help?
- How are we better than where we were six months ago?